Abstracts are invited to be submitted online http://www.ascia2021.com from 10th April to 10th July 2021 for:
- ASCIA 2021 Conference Posters – to be displayed from Wednesday 1st to Friday 3rd September 2021 on electronic poster boards.
- ASCIA 2021 Conference Clinical Grand Rounds (CGR) oral presentations – for immunology/allergy advanced trainees only, to be presented on Thursday 2nd or Friday 3rd September 2021.
Abstracts are also invited to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for CFAR Symposium short oral “hot publication” presentations, for food allergy research recently published or accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal, to be presented on Tuesday 31st August 2021.
Acceptance of poster and Clinical Grand Rounds (CGR) abstracts will be confirmed in early August 2021. The chief investigator will be asked to email a pdf of the poster/s to be uploaded to the ASCIA 2021 Conference app and electronic poster boards. Online publication is scheduled for September 2021.
Electronic poster boards will be introduced for the first time at ASCIA 2021 Conference, which will allow posters to be viewed in the exhibition hall, where catering is provided. To ensure optimal viewing, all poster pdfs should be in portrait format. The benefits of electronic poster boards include:
- Reduced production and waste associated with printing posters.
- Time and cost savings for delegates who will no longer need to print and transport posters.
- More efficient use of space which will increase opportunities for engagement.
ASCIA 2021 Conference Poster and CGR abstract submission details are as follows:
- Only abstracts submitted by 10th July 2021 as Microsoft word documents (no pdfs), using the template on the ASCIA 2021 website (250 to 300 words) will be reviewed by the committee.
- Authors will be notified of abstract acceptance by early August 2021. To be accepted, abstract authors must be registered for the Conference, by the early bird registration deadline of midnight AEST on Friday 10th July 2021. Abstracts will not be accepted without results being included.
- All author(s) must approve of submitting this work for presentation, and at least one author needs to be available for poster rounds and to present the abstract if selected for the program. Authors need to notify the ASCIA 2021 Secretariat if they are unable to present or if the presenting author is changed.
- Abstract titles should be short, descriptive and not contain abbreviations. Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar before they are submitted online.
- Abstracts can contain standard abbreviations (spelled out on first use), tables, pictures and diagrams, but should not include symbols (e.g. arrows, Greek symbols) nor languages other than English.
- To be eligible for publication in an online journal, poster and CGR abstracts should be original work, not previously published or presented at another meeting. All accepted poster and CGR abstracts (that are not published elsewhere), will be published in an online journal and these are archived on the ASCIA website: www.allergy.org.au/conferences/ascia-annual-conference/published-abstracts-ascia
Enquiries regarding ASCIA 2021 Conference abstracts should be emailed to email@example.com